Micronor® oral contraceptive tablets
Micronor is a registered trademark
1. Five important things to know about the Pill.
● The Pill is a reliable contraceptive and may reduce your risk of cancer of the
ovary and womb if used for a long time.
● The Pill will not protect you against sexually transmitted diseases.
● This medicine can increase your risk of problems such as blood clots and
● Some women should not take the Pill because of current medical problems
or illnesses. Please read all the information to make sure Micronor is right for you.
● To prevent pregnancy it is important to take Micronor as instructed and start
each strip on time. Please make sure that you understand what to do if you
miss a pill or think you are pregnant.
2. Read all of this information carefully before you start taking this medicine.
● Keep this leaflet. You may need to read it again.
● If you have any questions or need more advice, ask your doctor, family
planning nurse or pharmacist.
● This medicine has been prescribed for you. Do not pass it on to others. It
may harm them.
● If any of the side effects gets severe, or if you notice any not listed in this
leaflet, please tell your doctor, family planning nurse or pharmacist.
3. How to store Micronor
Keep all medicines out of the reach and sight of children.
Store Micronor below 25°C. Store it in the original package to protect it from
Do not use Micronor after the expiry date shown on the strip. The expiry date
refers to the last day of that month.
Do not throw away any medicines down a drain or into a bin. Ask your
pharmacist what to do with any medicines you do not want. This will help to
protect the environment.
4. What is in Micronor and who makes it
What is in Micronor
Each box of Micronor contains three strips each containing 28 tablets.
The tablets are round and white, and engraved ‘C035’.
Each tablet contains 350 micrograms norethisterone.
Micronor also contains the inactive ingredients: lactose (a type of sugar),
magnesium stearate and pregelatinised starch.
The company that holds the product licence for Micronor:
Janssen-Cilag Ltd, 50-100 Holmers Farm Way, High Wycombe,
Buckinghamshire HP12 4EG, UK
Micronor is made by:
Janssen Pharmaceutica NV, Turnhoutseweg 30, B-2340 Beerse, Belgium
McGregor Cory Ltd, Middleton Close, Banbury, Oxfordshire OX16 4RS, UK
Other contraceptive pills: